Welcome to StayExempt
an IRS site created especially
for 501(c)(3) organizations
- Organization leadership and volunteers should review the limitations and expectations of Section 501(c)(3) organizations at the Tax Exempt Organization Workshop.
- Recent legislation requires tax-exempt organizations to e-File certain forms.
- The IRS is sending back Form 990-series returns when they are incomplete or submitted on the wrong form.
- The Tax Exempt Organization Search tool offers access to charity information.
- Form 990-EZ includes 29 assistive buttons to help tax-exempt organizations avoid common mistakes when filing annual returns.
- Form 1023-EZ, Streamlined Application for Recognition of Exemption, may be used by some smaller organizations.